In the event of damage, please contact your contractor. Describe your problem and provide any documentation of the damage, such as photos or videos. Your contractor will check whether the damage may be grounds for a complaint and will initiate all the necessary steps accordingly.
⇒ Important! Damage and complaints covered by the five-year guarantee period can ONLY be asserted by your contractor. This is not always the manufacturer of the furniture, but often the furniture store or the furniture dealer.
Example: Customer A has ordered a piece of upholstered furniture. The furniture was delivered, but different decorative legs were included in the delivery.
- Customer A notifies the furniture store where they purchased the upholstered furniture. The furniture store is the contractor of Customer A, so in this case the furniture store is responsible for delivering all pieces of furniture including all additional materials.
- The furniture store is the contractor of Customer A, so in this case the furniture store is responsible for delivering all pieces of furniture including all additional materials.
If electrical functions on your upholstered furniture can no longer be operated, please proceed as follows:
- Check that all functions are correctly and fully connected and that all plugs are inserted into a working socket.
- Restart the complete system by disconnecting all plugs. Wait a few minutes before reconnecting the furniture to the socket.
- If you still cannot determine any functionality after steps 1 and 2, please check the electrical switches as follows:
- Operate the electrical switches of the defective functions. Be sure to listen for acoustic signals (beeping or clicking) and optical signals (light – if it is an illuminated switch).
- Document whether and, if so, at which electrical switch you perceive an acoustic or optical signal.
- If possible, please document your action with photos or short videos.
- Contact your contract partner as described above.
In any case, please proceed as described in points 1 – 3. This will enable your contract partner to make a more accurate assessment of the damage and to repair the damage more quickly and effectively.